Idle drydock on Mare Island, Vallejo, CA - One of a series of photos from yesterday’s tour of this former shipyard as the golden hour began to arrive. This was our first visit here and will certainly not be our last.
There is so much history in this place. The amount of work that once took place here is staggering and stands in sharp contrast to the vast emptiness that occupies the island and its acre upon acre of vacant, decaying-yet-magnificent industrial structures.
The most activity we witnessed was a music video being shot on the site of a gigantic burned out building. Aside from that, the sea lions made up the majority of the ambient noise.
- sid766 likes this
- amblingsapiens reblogged this from gimletsandfilm
- amblingsapiens likes this
- cameraobbscura likes this
- elzopilote reblogged this from gimletsandfilm
- guillu reblogged this from gimletsandfilm
- elzopilote likes this
- emperorironlungs reblogged this from gimletsandfilm
- gimletsandfilm posted this